Rashid Khan of Gujarat Titans took the first hat-trick of the IPL (Indian Premier League) 2023 against Kolkata Knight Riders at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Sunday.
Rashid, who is standing in as captain of Gujarat Titans on Sunday in place of regular skipper Hardik Pandya, dismissed Andre Russell, Sunil Narine and Shardul Thakur off consecutive deliveries in the 17th over to derail Kolkata’s run-chase.
When he came on to bowl his final over, Rashid had conceded 35 runs in three overs without picking a wicket and Kolkata Knight Riders was cruising at 155 for four in 16 overs. However, Rashid struck three times in the first three balls of the 17th over and ended with figures of 4-0-37-3 to help his team bounce back in the contest.
The leg-spinner registered his fourth hat-trick in T20s - the most by any bowler. Andrew Tye, Mohammad Sami, Amit Mishra, Andre Russell and Imran Tahir have three hat-tricks each in T20 cricket. Rashid now has a hat-trick each in the IPL, CPL (Caribbean Premier League), BBL (Big Bash League) and T20Is. The 24-year-old is also the fourth bowler to take a hat-trick against Kolkata Knight Riders, after Makhaya Ntini (CSK), Pravin Tambe (RR), Yuzvendra Chahal (RR).
- Deodhar Trophy LIVE Score, Round 1: West to bowl vs North East; East vs Central; Toss, Playing XI, streaming updates
- Ashes 2023, 4th Test: Australia retains urn after final day washed out
- WI vs IND, 2nd Test: India eight wickets away from a series clean sweep against West Indies
- IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4 Highlights: Ashwin picks two, West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase vs India at stumps
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters