The plot thickens as we inch closer to the business end of IPL 2021. Even as a war wages among the mid- and lower-table teams for points and higher net run rate (NRR), the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), with 16 points in its kitty and currently No. 1 on the season standings, will be a fairly relaxed unit.
Led by the talismanic Mahendra Singh Dhoni, CSK still have four games to play and a win in any will guarantee it a Playoffs spot. It also walks into Thursday's game against the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) with the healthiest NRR among all - +1.069.
SRH, on the other hand, will be out of top-four contention if it loses the game against the Men in Yellow. The Kane Williamson-led side occupies the bottom-most slot on the points table with only two victories in 10 games.
Delhi Capitals, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders complete the top four at present.
- WATCH: Ruturaj Gaikwad hit 7 sixes in one over against Uttar Pradesh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Cincinnati midfielder Acosta named MLS Most Valuable Player
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- FIBA holds draw for final four Olympic men’s basketball qualifying events
- Premier League 2023-24: Wolves manager O’Neil losing faith in VAR