Sunrisers Hyderabad pacer Umran Malik bowled the fastest delivery of IPL 2021 when he clocked 152.95kph in the eighth over during Royal Challengers Bangalore's chase.
Former New Zealand pacer Danny Morrison, on air during the match, said Malik's run-up was reminiscent of Pakistan pace great Waqar Younis.
The 21-year-old Jammu & Kashmir fast bowler had breached the 150kph barrier in the last match against Kolkata Knight Riders. He was signed as a "short-term Covid-19 replacement" for T Natarajan, who had to be placed in isolation after testing positive for the virus.
Malik has played just one T20 and one List A game in the Indian domestic circuit.
- Personal not so personal anymore? (Don’t) ask Virat Kohli...
- IND vs ENG, 3rd Test: Ashwin withdraws due to family emergency
- ISL 2023-24: Hyderabad aims to break five-game losing streak against East Bengal
- PVL 2024: Mumbai emerge victorious in five-set thriller, Calicut the better side in Kerala derby
- Chennaiyin FC extends unbeaten run against Kerala Blasters at home