Royal Challengers Bangalore’s Virat Kohli became the first batter to get to 7000 IPL runs during his side’s game against Delhi Capitals at the Feroz Shah Kotla in New Delhi.
The 34-year-old batter got to the 7000-run mark in his 225th IPL innings with a cut shot against Axar Patel which raced to the fence. DC also happens to be Kohli’s favourite IPL opponent, having got to 100 T20 runs against the side in the same game early on.
Kohli is well ahead of second-placed Shikhar Dhawan in the all-time run getters list in IPL, with the left-handed batter sitting on 6536 runs currently.
Kohli, who has represented RCB throughout his IPL career starting from the first edition in 2008, has 49 fifties and five hundreds in the tournament, at an average of 36.59.
The right-handed batter also holds the record for the most runs scored in a single edition of IPL, thanks to the 973 runs he accumulated for RCB in 2016, which also won him his only Orange Cap in the tournament.
- Uruguay vs Brazil Highlights, World Cup Qualifier: Nunez, De La Cruz take URU to 2-0 win over BRA; Neymar off injured
- New Zealand vs Afghanistan, LIVE Streaming Info, ODI World Cup 2023: When and where to watch NZ vs AFG match today?
- NZ vs AFG head-to-head record in ODIs: New Zealand vs Afghanistan overall stats, most runs, wickets; World Cup results
- New Zealand vs Afghanistan Dream11 prediction, ICC World Cup 2023 live updates: NZ vs AFG predicted XI, fantasy team, and squads
- Peru vs Argentina LIVE score, FIFA World Cup qualifier updates, PER 0-0 ARG: Match underway; Messi in starting 11