Virat Kohli became the first Indian batter to register scores of 50 or more on 50 occasions in the Indian Premier League (IPL) during a match against Mumbai Indians at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Sunday.
Kohli brought up his 45th IPL fifty off 38 balls. He also has five centuries to his name in the league. The Royal Challengers Bangalore batter went past Shikhar Dhawan, who has 49 scores of 50-plus in the IPL (47 half-centuries and two centuries).
David Warner, who is currently leading Delhi Capitals, leads the list of players with most scores of 50 or more in the IPL. Warner has breached the 50-run mark 60 times (56 half-centuries and four centuries) in the IPL. Kohli is second on the list while Dhawan comes third.
BATTERS WITH MOST SCORES OF 50+ IN IPL
|AB de Villiers||184||43||40/3||3403||151.68|
- Inaki Williams gives Ghana winning start to World Cup qualifying; Zambia and Libya also win
- Euro 2024 Qualifiers: Italy on brink of qualification; Denmark, Albania advance
- Euro 2024 Qualifiers: Harry Kane scores again as England edges Malta 2-0
- EURO 2024 qualifiers points table LIVE: Italy beats North Macedonia to go second in Group C, Ronaldo helps Portugal top Group J
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers points table LIVE: AFC standings after India vs Kuwait, Pakistan bottom of Group G