South Africa speedster Lungi Ngidi will miss the IPL after sustaining an injury, team manager Mohammed Moosajee has confirmed.
Ngidi suffered a side strain in South Africa's ODI series against Sri Lanka. Moosajee said: "Lungi felt discomfort while bowling during the last ODI against Sri Lanka at Newlands and immediately stopped bowling. Further scans revealed a Grade II muscle strain which will need up to four weeks of rest followed by a rehab programme leading up to the World Cup."
Ngidi was set to feature for Chennai Super Kings, who he represented in last year's IPL. He had the second best economy rate (6) last season.
- Asian Games 2023, Opening ceremony LIVE updates: China’s President Xi Jinping enters Hangzhou Sports stadium
- BAN vs NZ: Ish Sodhi called back by Bangladesh captain after being run out at non-striker’s end
- How can the Indian football team qualify for round of 16 in Asian Games 2023?
- Japanese Grand Prix: Happy McLaren boss Zak Brown offers to fly Piastri’s mother to Japan
- Shooting at Asian Games 2023: India squad, schedule, full list of events at Hangzhou 2022