It’s going to be a clash of two destructive batsmen when Royal Challengers Bangalore takes on the Gujarat Lions. With Chris Gayle and Brendon McCullum around, there is little scope for the crowd to get bored.
So, at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on Thursday, both Gayle and McCullum will be hoping to outclass each other. While Gayle hasn’t had a memorable outing in the Indian Premier League so far, the story has been a bit different for McCullum. The former New Zealand skipper, who will be appearing in his 100th IPL match, has already piled up 264 runs in seven games.
Even though both the sides are reeling at the bottom of the table, Royal Challengers Bangalore’s chances of making it to the playoffs were affected after its last game was washed out. Prior to that, the team meekly surrendered to Kolkata Knight Riders, scoring just 49 runs!
All that would be on Gayle’s mind, when the West Indies batsman takes the ground for his side’s crucial game. To stay alive in the tournament, the Virat Kohli-led side needs to win all its matches handsomely, and that’s something Gayle would be looking forward to.
Ditto for McCullum. The former New Zealand captain too would be eager to play a key role in changing the fortunes of his team, which is under pressure. Over all, a mouth-watering clash is in the offing!
- MI vs DC Live Score, WPL 2024: Kapp removes Hayley Matthews off second ball
- Indian sports wrap, February 23
- ISL 2023-24: Super-Sub Bipin brace helps Mumbai City brush struggling Chennaiyin FC aside
- IOC says there will be no compromise if Milan-Cortina Olympics bobsled track is not ready by March 2025
- Janneke Schopman resigns as India women’s hockey team head coach