West Indies skipper Jason Holder has become the first West Indian to top the ICC Test All-rounders list since Sir Garry Sobers in March 1974.
Holder's 202 not out off 229 balls in West Indies’ emphatic win against England powered him to the pole position. He also picked the crucial wickets of Joe Root and Keaton Jennings, as his all-round rating jumped to a career-best 440 points.
He leapfrogged Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan and India’s Ravindra Jadeja to grab the number one spot for the first time in his career. Jadeja, who slipped a place in all-rounder’s list, maintained his fifth position in bowler’s list.
Meanwhile, India captain Virat Kohli maintained his top position in the ICC Test rankings for batsmen while Cheteshwar Pujara remained at the No. 3 spot. Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin (9th) held on to his ranking in the bowler's list.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE score, pre-quarterfinals updates: Kerala 383/4 vs Maharashtra; Gujarat 283/9 vs Bengal
- WPL 2024 Auction LIVE Updates: 165 players to go under hammer as teams look to complete squad; When, where to watch Women’s Premier League auction?
- PKL Season 10: Sagar Rathee settling into Tamil Thalaivas leadership role with fitness as top priority
- Rinku Singh: Extra pace and bounce of SA pitches will need some more practice
- Volleyball Club World Championship: Halkbank, Sicoma vie for final spot after contrasting pool stage journeys