Harmanpreet Kaur will take over the responsibility of captaincy from Mithali Raj for the Twenty20 tri-series later this month, with opening batsman Smriti Mandhana serving as her deputy. In a squad of 15 announced for the tourney that also involves Australia and England, fast bowler Sukanya Parida and three of India’s 2017 Women’s World Cup participants — Poonam Raut, Sushma Verma and Rajeshwari Gayakwad — have been omitted.
Bowling stalwart Jhulan Goswami makes a return.
Off-spinner Anuja Patil, a Twenty20 specialist, and wicket-keeper Tanuja Bhatia have been included in the squad. Bhatia replaces Sushma.
The tri-series is scheduled to be played from March 22 till March 31; all matches will be played in Mumbai. As warm-up for the tourney, an India ‘A’ women’s team will play two Twenty20s against the visiting English side, the squad for which has also been named. The Australian team is already engaged in a 50-over bilateral series with India in Vadodara.
- India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana, Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy, Jemimah Rodrigues, Anuja Patil, Deepti Sharma, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht, Jhulan Goswami, Shikha Pandey, Pooja Vastrakar, Rumeli Dhar, Mona Meshram.
- India A: S. Meghna (c), Vanitha VR, D. Hemlatha, Monika Das, Tarannum Pathan, Priyanka Priyadarshini, Arundhati Reddy, R. Kalpana (wk), Radha Yadav, Kavita Patil, Shanti Kumari, Preeti Bose, Sheral Rozario, Harleen Deol
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Colombo weather updates, Asia Cup final: Will rain affect match today?
- Asia Cup 2023 most runs, wickets stats: Shubman Gill tops run-scorers list, Pathirana leading wicket-taker
- Asia Cup final: India eyes first title in five years as Sri Lanka firms up challenge
- IND vs SL Dream11 prediction, Asia Cup 2023 final: India vs Sri Lanka Playing XI updates, fantasy team
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Streaming info, Asia Cup final: When and where to watch IND vs SL match today?