India’s opening batsman KL Rahul has moved up four places in International Cricket Council's T20 international rankings to sixth in the latest list.
The Karnataka batsman scored 50 in the first T20I against Australia in Visakhapatnam and 47 in the second T20I in Bengaluru and was the highest run-scorer in the series for India. Indian captain Virat Kohli also jumped two places to 17th in the rankings list with scores of 24 and 72 not out in the series against Australia.
Man of the series Glenn Maxwell moved to number three spot in the rankings after two splendid knocks of 56 and 113 not out in the two-match T20I series. Opener D’Arcy Short who was ranked 16th prior to the series against India, broke into the top-10 to number eight in the rankings.
Afghanistan’s Hazratullah Zazai gained 31 spots to reach seventh in the ICC T20I rankings following a blistering knock of 162 runs against Ireland, that included 11 fours and 16 sixes.
Among bowlers, Jasprit Bumrah climbed 12 places to attain the 15th position which left-armer Krunal Pandya jumped 18 places to number 43. Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan has kept his hold on the number one ranking after displaying a dominant show against Ireland.
In team rankings, India retained its second position while Australia leapfrogged South Africa and England to reach third place. Pakistan kept its number one rank in the shortest format.
- India golf squad for Asian Games 2023: Full teams for men and women
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa loses
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Warner attack early after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant eyes gold in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah win two games