India captain Virat Kohli today paid rich tributes to the retiring Ashish Nehra by referring to him as “one of the smartest cricketers” he has ever played with.
The first T20 International against New Zealand is Nehra’s final international match of a career that started way back in 1999.
“Nineteen years as a fast bowler is a great achievement.
PHOTO STORY: When Nehra bamboozled batsmen with the ball
One of the smartest guys I’ve played with, always loves helping youngsters. He is someone who knew what to do in specific situations. Sad to see him go but it is happening at his home ground,” Kohli said.
During the pre-match training session, Kohli and M.S. Dhoni presented Nehra with a memento on behlaf of team India.
- Kipchoge struggles to 10th place as Kipruto wins Tokyo Marathon
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Live Streaming: When and where to watch Derby; Predicted XI, Preview
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Sai Kishore removes Avasthi in first over; Mantri, Gawali continue for MP
- Indian Sports News Wrap: March 3
- Ronaldo’s return boosts Al-Nassr’s maiden Asian Champions League title hopes