- However, the series belongs to India and it was Smriti Mandhana who was sensational with the bat along with the bowlers.
- That's it. There's the win and finally like how the New Zealand men broke India's winning streak on Thursday, the women drew inspiration and went on to hammer India eves by eight wickets.
- Amy Satterthwaite hits a brilliant fifty and is on course to take New Zealand home.
- Amy Satterthwaite is seven short of her half-century and the match is slowly slipping away from India's grasp. NZ Women 120/2. Needs another 30 runs.
- Put Down - Sophie Devine gets a life off the very first ball as Mithali Raj fails to take the catch despite putting a dive.
- WICKET - Poonam Yadav castles Suzie Bates but wonder it might be tad late as New Zealand requires another 44 runs.
- Half-century for Suzie Bates. Brilliant batting and she has taken New Zealand on course for victory.
- Fifty up for New Zealand and both Suzie Bates and Amy Satterthwaite are finding it relatively easy against an Indian attack that hasn't been able to find any breakthrough. India eves in desperate need for wickets.
- After losing an early wicket, New Women have rebuild the innings with Suzie Bates and Amy Satterthwaite finding boundaries at ease.
- Lauren Down smacks Ekta Bisht over the deep mid-wicket fence for a maximum and New Zealand is off to a good start. NZ Women 14/0 after 4 overs. Needs another 136 runs to win.
- Spin introduced early and it will be Ekta Bisht.
- Excellent line and length from Jhulan Goswami and she almost had Suzie Bates in the very first ball had there been a second slip. NZ Women 1/0 after one over.
- Lauren Down and Suzie Bates are out there and it will be the experienced Jhulan Goswami whho will open the attack. The chase is underway.
- We are back for the chase and New Zealand women require 150 runs to pocket a consolation win. India needs to bowl well and make early inroads to complete a clean sweep.
- India Women bowled out for 149.
- WICKET - Edged and gone as Poonam Yadav gets a faint edge and Bernadine Bezuidenhout does the rest behind the stumps.
- WICKET- Lea Tahuhu traps Ekta Bisht as India women lose their ninth wicket. India Women 147/9 .
- WICKET- The procession continues and this time it's Shikha Pandey who throws her wicket away. Dances down the track and tries to clear the ropes but Anna Peterson deceives her in pace and Sophie Devine takes an easy catch in the deep.
- Jhulan Goswami is the new batswoman and the veteran needs to put all her experience into play to help India post a respectable total.
- WICKET- Against the run of play and Deepti Sharma departs. It was a nothing shot as Deepti manufactures a sweep shot that goes straight into the hands of mid-wicket. India Women 131/7 at the end of 38 overs.
- Fifty for Deepti Sharma and this has been a knock of substance. Wonderful batting keeping the innings intact.
- 100 up for India after the end of 29 overs and Deepti Sharma holds the key.
- Dayalan Hemalatha joins Deepti Sharma.
- WICKET- Bowled'in! Against the run of play and Harmanpreet Kaur throws her wicket away. Harmanpreet dances down the track to loft Anna Peterson but misses the ball completely to be castled. India Women 87/4
- Harmanpreet Kaur and Deepti Sharma are making life tough for New Zealand women. They have already added 46 runs and most importantly have arrested rge slide.
- Harmanpreet Kaur is off the mark with a fine boundary as she dances down the track and drives down the ground through the covers to open her account.
- Harmanpreet Kaur is the new batswoman.
- WICKET - Anna Peterson strikes again and this time she picks the prized scalp of Mithali Raj. With the field up, Mithali tried to clear the fielder but failed so as she ended up spooning an easy catch to cover. India Women 39/3 after 13.3 overs.
- Deepti Sharma breaks the shackles with a couple of boundaries. The first was a crisp shot through the covers and the next one just a tickle down the leg side. India Women 34/2 after 11 overs.
- New Zealand bowlers are sticking to tight lines, pushing the Indian batswomen into the crease but both Mithali Raj and Deepti Sharma have been watchful.
- Big job for Mithali Raj and Deepti Sharma as India women aim to rebuild after losing its openers.
- In walks skipper Mithali Raj.
- WICKET - Lea Tahuhu strikes and New Zealand women have made early inroads. Short delivery , Jemimah Rodrigues goes for the pull on her backfoot but loses her balances and ends up hitting straight into the hands of the mid-wicket fielder. India Women 14/2 in 5/0 overs.
- WICKET - Anna Peterson strikes early and Smriti Mandhana has to depart. Spin does the key and Mandhana while trying to clear the leg side, fails to connect cleanly and Sophie Devine settles under the catch at mid-wicket.
- Jemimah Rodrigues and Smriti Mandhana are at the crease and it will be Rodrigues to take strike. Lea Tahuhu will start proceedings for New Zealand.
TOSS: New Zealand Women won the toss and have opted to bowl
India Women (Playing XI): India Women (Playing XI): Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Mithali Raj(c), Deepti Sharma, Dayalan Hemalatha, Harmanpreet Kaur, Jhulan Goswami, Shikha Pandey, Taniya Bhatia(w), Ekta Bisht, Poonam Yadav
New Zealand Women (Playing XI): Suzie Bates, Lauren Down, Amy Satterthwaite(c), Sophie Devine, Amelia Kerr, Katie Perkins, Leigh Kasperek, Bernadine Bezuidenhout(w), Anna Peterson, Holly Huddleston, Lea Tahuhu
Mithali expects clean sweep
Indian captain Mithali Raj says the team is targeting a clean sweep and there won’t be any let up in the intensity after the series-clinching win in the second women’s ODI against New Zealand.
India has dominated New Zealand so far in the series and won the second game by eight runs. The third has final ODI will be played on Friday.
“We definitely want to make it 3-0. At the same time, we will try and give some of the youngsters an opportunity,” said Mithali.
“Initially, a lot of people asked me if the spinners can turn the match around on these wickets. The spinners have been doing well from word go and Smriti (Mandhana) has been amongst runs and so has been Jemimah (Rodrigues).”
The fact that star batswoman Harmanpreet Kaur is yet to get a hit in the middle sums up India’s rampaging run.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs U Mumba: GG 10-12 UM, Mumba with the first super tackle
- Indian sports news wrap, December 5: Vivaan win’s men’s trap in National selection trials; Sonal into AITA Women’s quarters
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: TN coach Kulkarni terms quarterfinal against Mumbai as ‘contest between red-ball and white-ball legacy’
- ECB launches cricket regulator to tackle discrimination
- Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin to be played on January 24 after snow chaos