The Australia men’s cricket team’s home Tests in the coming summer will be crammed into an unusually narrow window in December and January.
Australia will meet Pakistan in three Tests and the West Indies in two in the traditional school holiday period.
The Pakistan series will begin with a Test in Perth from December 14 to 18 followed by the traditional Boxing Day Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground from December 26 to 30.
The New Year Test is set for the Sydney Cricket Ground from January 3 to 7, though Adelaide has also expressed interest in hosting the match.
Cricket Australia is expected to discuss hosting arrangement with the New South Wales state government.
Australia also will play the West Indies in three One-Day Internationals and three Twenty20 Internationals in February.
Australia’s world champion women’s team will open the summer program on October 1 with a T20 International against West Indies, the same day as the high profile National Rugby League grand final.
The women will also play a Test against South Africa at Perth from February 15 to 18.
- Asian Games 2023: India plays out 1-1 draw vs Myanmar to qualify for Round of 16
- IND vs AUS Live Score 2nd ODI: Warner, Labuschagne rebuild after Prasidh removes Smith, Short in one over
- Asian Games 2023, September 24 Live Updates: India men’s football team moves to round of 16; Nikhat enters boxing pre-quarterfinals; India men’s table tennis team loses quarterfinal
- India vs Myanmar Asian Games 2023: How can Indian football team qualify for round of 16 in Hangzhou 2022
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur LIVE streaming info: When, where to watch Premier League match; Predicted XI