Devon Conway and Kane Williamson led New Zealand to a comfortable 79-run win over Pakistan in the second One-Day International in Karachi on Wednesday to level the series at 1-1.
After opting to bat, Conway (101) and Williamson (85) gave New Zealand a solid start with a 181-run second-wicket stand but they failed to capitalise fully as Mohammad Nawaz took four for 38 and the touring side was bowled out for 261.
Pakistan lost two early wickets before captain Babar Azam steadied the ship with an innings of 79.
He lacked support from his teammates, however, and Tim Southee and Ish Sodhi took two wickets each as New Zealand wrapped up victory with seven overs to spare.
The third and final ODI is on Friday.
- Kuldeep Yadav becomes India’s third-most successful spinner in ODI World Cups, surpasses Harbhajan
- IND vs NZ Live Score Updates, ICC World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Bumrah removes Phillips to deflate New Zealand hopes
- Sri Lanka Cricket takes legal action against Sports Minister for defamatory statements
- IND vs NZ: Ravindra equals Williamson’s record for most runs by New Zealand batter in single edition of ODI World Cup
- This World Cup has been the greatest advert for why ODI cricket should stay: Viv Richards