India wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant became the first Indian stumper to effect seven dismissals [across two innings] on Test debut.
On catching Keaton Jennings off Ishant Sharma on Day 4 of the third Test against England in Nottingham, the 20-year-old overtook Naren Tamhane, Kiran More, Nayan Mongia and Naman Ojha — all of them had five dismissals to their credit on debut.
On the other hand, speedster Ishant Sharma claimed the wicket of Alastair Cook for the 11th time in his career. Among Indian bowlers, Kapil Dev had dismissed Pakistan batsman Mudassar Nazar 12 times and England’s Graham Gooch 11 times.
Sharma, playing in his 85th Test, now joins the elite list.
- New Zealand vs South Africa LIVE SCORE, World Cup 2023 warm-up: SA 60/1 (12) vs NZ
- England vs Bangladesh LIVE SCORE, World Cup 2023 warm-up: Match resumes for 37-over game, BAN 153/5 (30)
- Asian Games 2023: Autographs, a playful net session and a spectator’s hat for Indian cricket team ahead of Nepal quarterfinal
- Mohun Bagan vs Maziya LIVE updates, MBSG 0-0 MAZ, AFC Cup 2023-24: Match kicks-off; Mariners looking to continue winning run
- ODI World Cup 2023: Team India goes full-throttle in the nets ahead of warm-up game against The Netherlands