Former India captain Sourav Ganguly’s septuagenarian mother Nirupa Ganguly, who was hospitalised a couple of days back because of a heart ailment, has been discharged on Wednesday.
“She is doing fine now and has been discharged from hospital today,” Ganguly’s elder brother Snehasish Ganguly said.
Earlier in the day at a function in Kolkata, Ganguly confirmed that his mother was hospitalised with a heart ailment.
“She’s under observation,” Ganguly, who has returned from his World Cup commentary assignment, said on Wednesday.
The iconic Bengal cricketer is scheduled to return to England on Tuesday, ahead of India’s match against West Indies.
- With their Olympic dreams shattered, Indian compound archers look to make peace with reality
- I-League players approached for match manipulation: AIFF
- Allyson Felix, Inbee Park among 32 athlete candidates at Paris Olympics in IOC membership vote
- Arthur Fils and Hamad Medjedovic maintain winning starts at Next Gen Finals
- British Gymnastics bans coaches from weighing young athletes