Sri Lanka Friday named a 20-man squad led by Dasun Shanaka for the Asia Cup Twenty20 tournament starting later this month in the United Arab Emirates.
The tournament was originally scheduled to be held in Sri Lanka, but shifted to the UAE due to political turmoil and the economic crisis in the cricket-crazy island nation.
Sri Lanka has witnessed months of food and fuel shortages, blackouts and runaway inflation in the wake of its worst financial crisis on record.
Sri Lanka plays its opening match against Afghanistan in Dubai on August 27. The final takes place on September 11, also in Dubai.
Note: Binura Fernando and Kasun Rajitha were selected in the original squad, but will not tour owing to injuries sustained during the SLC Invitational T20 League 2022.
SRI LANKA SQUAD
- India vs England live score, World Cup 2023: Rohit fifty revives IND after early struggle
- Rohit Sharma completes 18000 international runs during IND vs ENG World Cup 2023 match
- Rohit Sharma completes 1000 runs in ODIs in 2023 during IND vs ENG
- India bats first against England, first time in World Cup 2023 - What is Rohit & Co.’s win record while defending totals?
- IND vs ENG: Virat Kohli registers first duck in ODI World Cup match