Sri Lanka Friday named a 20-man squad led by Dasun Shanaka for the Asia Cup Twenty20 tournament starting later this month in the United Arab Emirates.
The tournament was originally scheduled to be held in Sri Lanka, but shifted to the UAE due to political turmoil and the economic crisis in the cricket-crazy island nation.
Sri Lanka has witnessed months of food and fuel shortages, blackouts and runaway inflation in the wake of its worst financial crisis on record.
Sri Lanka plays its opening match against Afghanistan in Dubai on August 27. The final takes place on September 11, also in Dubai.
Note: Binura Fernando and Kasun Rajitha were selected in the original squad, but will not tour owing to injuries sustained during the SLC Invitational T20 League 2022.
SRI LANKA SQUAD
Latest on Sportstar
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4
- Pavlyuchenkova not expecting red carpet for Russians at Wimbledon
- Miami’s NBA Finals record after losing Game 1: Five losses, three titles; But are the Nuggets too spicy for the Heat?
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: When and where to watch Benzema’s last game; Streaming Info; Predicted XI