Paul Stirling's quickfire 66 off 27 deliveries propelled Kerala Kings to a convincing eight wicket win against Bengal Tigers in the inaugural game of the T10 League in Sharjah on Thursday.
READ: Shortest format braced for explosive start
Earlier, Kerala captain Eoin Morgan won the toss and decided to bowl first. Bengal openers Andre Fletcher (32 no) and Johnson Charles (33) helped the Sarfraz Ahmed - led side to 86/1 at the end of 10 overs, Wahab Riaz having Charles caught for 33.
ALSO READ: Players to watch out for in the T10 League
Chasing a modest 87 to win, Stirling got Kerala off to a flying start - the Irishman plundering 10 boundaries and three sixes at a strike rate of 244.44. He had help from captain Morgan (11) and Kieron Pollard (11 no).
For Bengal, right-arm off-spinner Mujeeb Zadran was the pick of the bowlers, returning figures of 1 for 15 from his two overs.
Latest on Sportstar
- One of my best matches, says Alcaraz after French Open masterclass
- Former France captain Henry recalled for Women’s FIFA World Cup 2023
- IND vs AUS Dream 11 prediction, WTC Final 2023: India vs Australia Playing 11 updates, fantasy picks, pitch report, squads
- PGA Tour, LIV Golf merge to end golf’s ‘civil war’
- Spanish rider dies at Isle of Man TT races