TOSS UPDATE: INDIA HAVE WON THE TOSS AND ELECTED TO BAT FIRST. AXAR PATEL MISSES OUT, DEEPAK HOODA COMES IN.
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik(w), Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
South Africa (Playing XI): Quinton de Kock(w), Temba Bavuma(c), Rilee Rossouw, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje
India faces South Africa in its third T20 World Cup 2022 Super 12 match in Perth on Sunday.
India and South Africa have locked horn on five occasions in the T20 World Cup. The Men in Blue have won four times while South Africa has won once.
Here is a look at how the toss has favoured either side in their previous meetings:
PREVIOUS TOSS RESULTS IN T20 WORLD CUPS
South Africa has won the toss on four of its five T20 World Cup meetings against India.
Durban, 2007: India won by five runs. India won the toss and elected to bat.
Trent Bridge, 2009: South Africa won by 12 runs. South Africa won the toss and elected to bat.
Gros Islet, 2010: India won by 14 runs. South Africa won the toss and elected to field.
Colombo, 2012: India won by 1 run. South Africa won the toss and elected to field.
Mirpur, 2014: India won by four wickets. South Africa won the toss and elected to field.
- Poland U-17 World Cup squad depleted after FIFA rule out replacing banished players
- Seven Belgian tennis players suspended in match-fixing probe
- World Cup 2023: Business Development Director Sybrand Engelbrecht gets a second chance at cricket
- Afghanistan’s participation in LA Olympics 2028 in the works by IOC, says ICC CEO Allardice
- Andy Murray splits from coach Ivan Lendl after gruelling 2023 season