India’s five-wicket defeat against South Africa in a Group 2 Super 12 game at the T20 World Cup has pushed Pakistan to the brink of elimination. Pakistan needed India to beat South Africa to keep its faint hopes alive.
Earlier, Bangladesh’s three-run win over Zimbabwe in a Group 2 Super 12 match boosted its chances of advancing to semis of the 2022 T20 World Cup in Australia. Bangladesh now needs to win against India and Pakistan over the next week. Bangladesh’s win had kept Pakistan alive in the race, especially after the latter’s six-wicket win over the Netherlands. But the result of the India match has dented Pakistan’s hopes.
South Africa beating India puts Temba Bavuma’s men in a great spot to qualify. A South Africa win also keeps Bangladesh in the hunt.
Remaining Group 2 Fixtures
- South Africa squads for India series: Bavuma rested for ODI, T20Is; Markram to lead
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2023: India aims for a winning start, faces Korea in opener
- Indonesia expresses interest in hosting U-20 World Cup in 2025 with Singapore, says president Joko Widodo
- Hope reveals inspirational chat with Dhoni after guiding West Indies to thrilling win over England
- Hero World Challenge: Woods targets one event per month after competitive return