Australia ‘A’ women trounced their Indian counterparts by four wickets in the second one-day international played at the MCA’s BKC facility here on Wednesday.
Electing to bat, skipper and opener Punam Raut made a 99- ball 64 with ten hits to the fence and Mona Meshram made a 71-ball 59 with eight 4s. But the inability of the home team to string partnerships, except for the 50-run stand for the fourth wicket between Punam and Mona, hurt its chances of posting a formidable total.
The visiting team chased the 198-run target with four wickets and 57 balls to spare. All-rounder Tahlia McGrath, who took two wickets bowling right hand medium pace, blasted a 45-ball 47 with seven 4s and one six. Tahlia and Heather Graham (68 not out, 87b, 8 x 4s) put on 74 runs for the fourth wicket.
Heather took her team past the finishing line with support from the lower order in Molly Strano and Sammy Jo Johnson. For the home team, medium pacer Shikha Pandey impressed with a three-wicket haul.
The Australian women have taken a 2-0 lead in the three match series. The third match will be played at the same venue on Friday.
India ‘A’: 197 for 7 in 50 overs (Punam Raut 64, Mona Meshram 59, Molly Strano three for 23, Tahlia McGrath two for 32) lost to Australia ‘A’ 200 for 6 in 40.3 overs (Tahlia McGrath 47, Heather Graham 68 not out, Shikha Pandey three for 38, Rajeshwari Gayakwad two for 35)
- Kerala Blasters vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, KBFC 1-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Luna on the mark again as Blasters wins second match on the trot
- UEFA’s invites scrutiny over relaxing international ban on Russia
- World Cup 2023: Pakistan team preview, squad, key players, form and prediction
- Irani Cup 2023: From Southampton to Rajkot via Mumbai - Sudharsan’s long day for Rest of India
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 1 - Avinash Sable, Tajindarpal Singh Toor, men’s shooting trap team win gold; India 4th with 13 gold, 53 medals