Tamil Nadu became the first ever team to breach the 500 mark in List A cricket in a Vijay Hazare Trophy match against Arunachal Pradesh at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Monday.
England previously held the record when it broke its own world record for the highest score in ODI cricket after amassing 498-4 to beat Netherlands by 232 runs in a run-fest in Amstelveen this year.
Tamil Nadu rode on N Jagadeesan’s record-breaking List A score of 277 and a record-breaking 416-run opening partnership with Sai Sudharsan to amass a mountain of runs against a toothless Arunachal attack.
Tamil Nadu finished on 506 for 2, with Sudharsan too scoring 154 off 102 balls.
Records broken by N Jagadeesan and Tamil Nadu today:
- Frustrated Chelsea fans turn on Pochettino and owners
- Leicester stunned as Ipswich close gap in promotion race
- Premier League 2023-24: Darwin Nunez stoppage time winner helps Liverpool edge Forest, extend lead over City in table
- Santosh Trophy: Mizoram seals remaining quarterfinal spot, defending champion Karnataka knocked out
- Football law changes: Sin bin trials to continue, permanent concussion substitutes approved