An unbeaten 41-ball 72 filled with six fours and three sixes from Maan Bafna helped the Tiruppur Thamizhans beat Nellai Royal Kings by three wickets in the Tamil Nadu Premier League match at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Monday.
Bafna was well supported by S Siddharth, who made 41 runs from 28 balls as the Thamizhans chased down the score with one ball to spare to claim two points, from the contest.
Captain Baba Aparajith was the star performer with the ball for the Royal Kings, claiming 3-9 in 1.5 overs. He was backed with the ball by T Ajith Kumar, who took 2-37 in four overs and Sanjay Yadav, who took 2-29 in his four-over quota.
ALSO READ |
Earlier, L Suryaprakah's 40-ball 43 and a quickfire cameo of 35 runs in 16 balls unbeaten from Arjun Murthy propelled the Royals Kings to 148 all out in 19.5 overs.
R. Rajkumar was the star with the ball for the Royal Kings, taking figures of 3-42.
Brief scores: Nellai Royal Kings 148 all out in 19.5 overs (L. Suryaprakash 43, Pradosh Ranjan Paul 20, B. Indrajith 26, Arjun Murthy 35, Aswin Crist 2-31, R. Rajkumar 3-42, M. Mohammed 3-23) lost to Tiruppur Tamizhans 149-7 in 19.5 overs (S. Siddharth 42, Maan K. Bafna 72 not out, T. Ajith Kumar 2-37, Sanjay Yadav 2-29, B. Aparajith 3-9).
- IND-W vs ENG-W, 1st T20I Preview: India Women hit reset button under new coach Muzumdar as World Cup beckons
- Sports bodies ask IOC to allow Russians as neutral athletes for 2024 Paris Olympics
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen to undergo surgery for lower back issue
- Javier Tebas to remain La Liga president until 2027
- Karun Nair hopes for national comeback after career reset with Vidarbha