Ruby Trichy Warriors suffered twin blows on Wednesday as senior players Murali Vijay and Anirudha Srikkanth pulled out citing personal reasons. All-rounder Varun Totadri and young batsman S. Kesav Krishna were named as replacements.
Defending champions Chepauk Super Gillies' wicketkeeper-batsman Ram Arvindh, too, was ruled out of the tournament after suffering a finger injury during training. The 20-year-old Arvindh will be replaced by left-arm spinner R. Ajith Kumar, who was in their squad last season.
RTW mentor Sreekumar Nair put up a brave front and was hopeful that Varun and Kesav will do well.
“Due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances, we couldn’t get both the stalwarts (Vijay and Anirudha) available for the tournament. We needed certain gaps to be filled so that’s one of the reasons why we have gone for the two replacements,” the former Kerala all-rounder said, after the team’s practice session on Wednesday.
- Rani’s example motivated me during hard times, says Indian junior women’s hockey team forward Annu
- ODI World Cup: We have been doing fielding awards for last four months, says coach Dilip
- Maguire says decision to stay at Manchester United was the right one
- NBA Results: Tyrese Maxey has career-high 50 points, 76ers beat Pacers 137-126 for eighth straight win
- Virender Sehwag, Diana Edulji, Aravinda de Silva inducted into ICC Hall of Fame