The Tamil Nadu Cricket Association’s (TNCA) three-member committee is investigating allegations of betting, approaches to players by bookies and suspected fixing in the TNPL.
P.S. Raman, chairman, IPL Governing Council, told Sportstar on Wednesday, “The committee’s work is totally independent. There will be no interference.”
The panel, former India leg-spinner L. Sivaramakrishnan is understood to be a part, is examining the players and the witnesses. It is also looking into some Whatsapp messages sent to the cricketers by the bookies.
Raman said, “I expect the report to come out soon. In any case, it should be over before the end of the month. I believe the TNPL will come out stronger through all this. We have a robust system in place when it comes to tackling corruption in cricket.”
The TNPL chief observed, “All the players and the franchises have attended anti-corruption classes by the ACU. All precautions have been taken,”
Raman added, “But ultimately, it depends on the integrity of the cricketer in question. Whether he wants to pursue excellence in the game or go down the wrong path.”
Latest on Sportstar
- UFC 289 LIVE results, Nunes vs Aldana, Oliveira vs Dariush: Full fight cards, streaming update
- Ederson is Manchester City’s unlikely European hero
- Swiatek vs Muchova HIGHLIGHTS, French Open 2023 women’s final: Iga wins 6-2, 5-7, 6-4; defends title
- Swiatek wins third French Open title, beats Muchova in a thriller
- French Open finalist Ruud hopes Grand Slam dreams gain lift-off