Indian speedster Varun Aaron claimed 4 for 31 in Leicestershire’s five-run loss to Derbyshire in a rain-curtailed Royal London One-Day Cup tie at the County Ground in Derby on Friday.
Leicestershire’s bowlers managed to restrict Derbyshire to 211 for 9, but in reply, fell short as Matthew Critchley and Luis Reece took three wickets each for the host.
The win enabled Derbyshire to take the top spot in the North Group table, while Leicestershire has taken the eight spot.
Leicestershire hosts Yorkshire on Sunday.
India’s Ishant Sharma registered economical figures of 0 for 39 in 10 overs in Sussex’s 74-run defeat to Middlesex.
Sussex’s bowlers, barring Ishant, had a tough time against the Middlesex batsmen, as it posted a daunting 288 for 4; opener Paul Stirling scored 116, while fellow opener Nick Gubbins scored 86.
In reply, Sussex was bundled out for 214. Left-arm spinner Ravi Patel was the wrecker-in-chief, taking four for 58.
With this win, Middlesex took the second spot in the South Group table, while Sussex slipped to fifth.
Sussex will travel to Bristol to play Gloucestershire in its next match on Sunday.
India’s Cheteshwar Pujara wasn’t in action as the tie between his team Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire was abandoned without a ball being bowled due to inclement weather.
The teams, therefore, received equal points.
While Nottingham rose to the top spot in the North Group table, Yorkshire rose to the sixth spot.
- Chris Gayle hopes T20 World Cup can help cricket crack US market
- Recycled fish nets and geothermal power: inside the Paris Olympic village
- Olympic champion Douglas COVID free and ready to continue Paris pursuit
- PKL 10 Final: Players to watch out for in Puneri Paltan vs Haryana Steelers summit clash
- Liverpool’s young players must be protected, says Klopp