Uncapped player Anderson Phillip was included in the West Indies squad for the first Test against England announced on Tuesday following his impressive performance in the domestic first-class competition.
John Campbell, the opener, also received a call-up.
Fast bowler Phillip, who made his One-Day International debut in March 2021, has received his maiden Test call-up and could make his debut red-ball appearance if selected for the first Test which starts on March 8 in Antigua. Roston Chase, Rahkeem Cornwall, Shai Hope, Jeremy Solozano and Jomel Warrican were not included after being part of the squad that lost 2-0 in Sri Lanka in November-December.
Shannon Gabriel is also ruled out because of a hamstring injury.
The Antigua Test will be followed by contests in Barbados (March 16-20) and Grenada (March 24-28). The three-match series forms part of the ICC World Test Championship.
- Kraigg Brathwaite (c), Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Shamarh Brooks, John Campbell, Joshua Da Silva, Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Kyle Mayers, Veerasammy Permaul, Anderson Phillip, Kemar Roach, Jayden Seales.
- US Open 2023 Final Live Score: Novak Djokovic takes on Daniil Medvedev, chases record-equalling 24th Grand Slam
- US Open 2023: Novak Djokovic vs Daniil Medvedev, Final Preview, Head-to-head record, live streaming info
- WATCH - US wins Berhalter’s return match as coach, beats Uzbekistan 3-0 with goals by Weah, Pepi and Pulisic
- Germany beats Serbia to win first Basketball World Cup crown
- ‘Team-first’ mentality nets Germany first Basketball World Cup title