Indian skipper Harmanpreet Kaur has been ruled out of the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) Season 8 with a back injury.
Harmanpreet, who plays for the Melbourne Renegades, led from the front in Season 7 with both bat (403 runs in 13 matches) and ball (15 wickets in 13 matches) and was named the ‘Player of the Tournament.’
The 33-year-old Harmanpreet had missed the Renegades’ opening two matches this season as she lead India to its seventh Asia Cup title in Bangladesh. Renegades had signed English batter Eve Jones as an overseas replacement player for those two games.
“Harmanpreet was fantastic for us last season and we were looking forward to having her as part of our squad again this year, but unfortunately she has been ruled out through injury,” Melbourne Renegades General Manager, James Rosengarten, said, as per the team’s website.
He added, “Eve will stay on with our squad for at least the next couple of matches, as we work through the best strategy for our squad for the remainder of the tournament.”
Renegades have a 1-1 win-loss record this season. They next face Brisbane Heat on Friday.
Melbourne Renegades Squad for WBBL 8
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Full schedule, teams, squads, date, venues
- Cummins on ODI World Cup win: This Australian team has created its own legacy
- Transgender cricketer retires after ICC ruling
- Indian Oil Corporation stuns Railways in a thriller, wins Inter-Department National Championship
- West Indies squad for England ODIs: Holder, Pooran out; Uncapped Rutherford, Forde included