Top of off: Sabbhineni Meghana was cleaned up Marizanne Kapp off the second ball of the innings after Gujarat Giants opted to bat first.
Marizanne Kapp ripped through the Gujarat top-order as she completed a straight four-over spell with the new ball and recorded the best WPL figures - 5/15 - with her maiden T20 five-for.
Shikha Pandey joined the act with three wickets (3/26) as Gujarat Giants tottered to 105 for nine in 20 overs.
Shafali Verma’s manic 26-ball 76 made a mockery of the Gujarat bowling as Delhi chased down a 106-run target in just 7.1 overs!
Shafali hammered the bowlers on either side of the park as she racked up 10 fours and five sixes with audacious strokeplay.
Back on Track: After a dismal defeat to Mumbai Indians, Meg Lanning’s Capitals have set themselves back on track with a win that skyrocketed their Net Run Rate (NRR) to +2.338.
- Ben Stokes scores 182, registers highest score for England in ODIs
- Indian Grand Prix MotoGP 2023: Wildcard K.Y. Ahamed set to become first Indian to compete in Moto3
- Indian sports news wrap, September 13
- Margaret on Court, off Court: Tennis great Djokovic has tied with on 24 Grand Slams
- “We have respect for the national team” - East Bengal head coach Cuadrat on releasing Indian players for Asian Games