Young wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant and veteran batsman Ambati Rayudu were named among the standbys for India’s World Cup squad on Wednesday.
Speedster Ishant Sharma and left arm spinner Axar Patel also found a place in the list of four back-ups for the mega-event starting on May 30.
Earlier, Rayudu had taken to Twitter to take a dig at his omission from the squad of 15 on Tuesday.
“Just Ordered a new set of 3d glasses to watch the world cup,” Rayudu wrote on his twitter handle.
This was after chairman of selectors MSK Prasad justified Vijay Shankar's selection over Rayudu, citing the former’s “three-dimensional qualities”.
Khaleel Ahmed, Avesh Khan, Deepak Chahar and Navdeep Saini will be travelling with the team purely as net bowlers.
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2023: India needs to guard against complacency against Spain
- Pakistan captain Shan Masood hits century in Australia warm-up
- Former champion Wozniacki handed Australian Open wildcard
- IPL auction 2024: Full list of squads, players after retention day
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes