FIFA president Gianni Infantino seemed to establish a link on Wednesday between his plan for a World Cup every two years and the tragedy of migrants in the Mediterranean who must be "given hope", before saying his remarks had been misinterpreted.
The head of world football told the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) in Strasbourg that the sport is currently going "in a direction where a few have everything and the vast majority have nothing".
- Who has won the most Asian Games medals for India?
- North Korea athletes travel to Asian Games: state media
- Indian Football: Pyari Xaxa, the ‘Ferrari’ of the women’s team is ready to shine at Asian Games 2023
- Ngamgouhou Mate, India U-16 football captain, pines for home and a chance to train with teammates again
- Ronaldo, Neymar and Benzema set sights on Asian Champions League title