Gattuso was appointed as Vincenzo Montella's replacement last November and Milan has shown improvement in 2018-19, sitting a single point outside the Champions League places. But its form has been up and down, the Rossoneri having to come from behind to beat minnow Dudelange 5-2 at home in the Europa League on Thursday.
Gattuso was a notorious hard man during his playing days and he confirmed ahead of Parma's visit to San Siro on Sunday that he has not changed his mentality as a manager. "I pretend to be calm, it's not a word in my vocabulary," Gattuso told a news conference.
'Hope to improve'
"I live in the same way I used to live as a footballer. I spend a lot of time working. I hope to improve, to spark as little as possible and to count to 10. I'm halfway there. They say that I have to gain experience and grow, I will be 41 years old on January 9. My hope is to improve reading the game and how I prepare for it."
With a month to go until the transfer window opens, Gattuso addressed rumours Milan is interested in signing Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas. "It's normal that I like Fabregas, just as I like [Luka] Modric and [N'Golo] Kante, as well as all other players," he said.
"These are questions that must be asked to [sporting director] Leonardo and [director of strategic development Paolo] Maldini. Right now, believe me, I prefer not to think of the transfer market. These things, we only talk about it when there are feasible things, now there are so many names at stake, so far there is nothing concrete."
Gattuso also confirmed a claim from former sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli that Milan tried to sign Cristiano Ronaldo — who joined Juventus in July — from Real Madrid. "If Mirabelli said so, surely I knew it too," he continued. "There was the possibility, it's all true what he said, but then there are so many things."
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis