Tunisia has been hit by a COVID-19 outbreak in its camp at the Africa Cup of Nations and could have as many as seven players unavailable for their last group game against Gambia on Thursday, the Tunisian Football Federation said on Wednesday.
Tunisia, who have three points from their opening two games, would be seeking at least one more point to make sure they qualify for the last 16 if not one among the top two in Group F then as one of the four best third-placed finishers.
Wahbi Khazri, who scored twice in their 4-0 win over Mauritania on Sunday, leads the list of players who have subsequently tested positive.
Ghailane Chaalali and Ali Maaloul, who also impressed on Sunday, are set to miss out along with replacements Mohamed Amine Ben Hamida, Mohamed Ali Ben Romdhane, Aymen Dahmen and Ali Jemal.
But Tunisia did receive a boost with Dylan Bronn, Mohamed Drager and Naim Sliti the latest to return negative tests and come out of isolation, a spokesman said.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia opts to bat; No Ashwin, Ishan in India playing XI
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Anant in action in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, Ashi bronze in 50m rifle 3P; Esha wins 25m women’s pistol silver; India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles Round of 64, Mixed Doubles R-32 updates; Match starts at 1:30pm
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; India beats Singapore 13-0 in hockey, tennis results
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth