Inter Milan's Ashley Young has tested positive for COVID-19, the Serie A club said on Sunday. He is now the sixth member of the squad to be infected in the last week.
Inter said in a statement that the Englishman, who plays as a full back or winger, was in quarantine at home.
Midfielders Roberto Gagliardini and Radja Nainggolan also returned positive results from tests carried out at Inter's training ground this week.
Defenders Alessandro Bastoni and Milan Skriniar tested positive while with Italy under-21 and Slovakia senior squads, respectively.
Under Serie A rules, players who test positive have to quarantine for 14 days, which could leave Inter seriously depleted for its derby against AC Milan on October 17.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test: IND 40/0, needs 152 runs more to win; Rohit, Jaiswal at the crease
- Inter Miami vs LA Galaxy LIVE score, MLS updates: Messi scores late to equalise; LA 1-1 MIA
- Ranji Trophy Live Score Quarterfinal Day 4 updates: Andhra on track for win vs MP; Mumbai takes lead vs Baroda
- Argentina’s Baez wins Rio Open title as players ask for more top tournaments in South America
- Ligue 1: PSG’s Ramos replaces Mbappe and nets late equaliser against Rennes