ATK has signed Brazilian striker Éverton Santos ahead of the 2018- 19 Indian Super League (ISL) season. Santos started his career playing in the youth groups of São José EC and has played for French Ligue 1 side Paris Saint-Germain.
In 2011, the 31-year old moved to the South Korean K League Classic side Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma and has since then played for clubs like FC Seoul and Ulsan Hyundai.
In 2017, Santos signed up with ISL franchise Mumbai City and has been playing for Brazilian club Botafogo SP. The striker was the top scorer for Mumbai City last season with eight goals across both ISL and the Super Cup. He will be seen in ATK jersey in the fifth edition of ISL.
He becomes the final foreign player to be signed by ATK this season. Santos is also the second Brazilian to be signed by the club after Gérson Vieira, who incidentally also played for Mumbai City FC.
“We have built a strong attacking team and Santos further strengthens our attack. He is not only a valuable centre-forward but he is equally brilliant as a winger on both flanks. His versatility adds more depth to this team," head coach Steve Coppell said.
Talking about his move, Everton said, “I enjoy playing in the ISL and this is all the more special because I am joining a team that has been crowned champions twice. I hope to contribute significantly and bring the Cup home.”
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: TN eyes early wickets against Mumbai; MP 47/1 in reply to Vidarbha 170 all out
- F1 2024: Mercedes’ hopes hit by cooling error in Bahrain
- Dybala scores again as Roma renaissance continues under De Rossi with win at Monza
- AC Milan winger Pulisic threatened and abused following fiery Lazio win
- MLS: Two each for Messi and Suarez as Inter Miami hit five past Orlando