Barcelona director of football Mateu Alemany has decided to leave the LaLiga team at the end of the season, a year before his contract officially runs out, the club said on Tuesday.
Barca added that Alemany had agreed to complete the first team’s transfer business in the close season despite formally arranging to leaving the club on July 1.
The 60-year-old will depart to begin a new unspecified professional project after two years in the job.
“(Barcelona) President (Joan) Laporta has accepted this departure due to Mateu’s commitment to conduct the summer transfer business until the last moment and to be able to be consulted by the club whenever necessary,” Barca said in a statement.
Runaway LaLiga leader Barcelona has 82 points from 33 matches and extended its lead over second-placed Real Madrid to 14 points on Tuesday with a 1-0 home win over Osasuna.
- From Satwik-Chirag’s highs to Sindhu’s lows, Asian Games 2023 a test for India’s badminton faithful
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup venues confirmed: Dallas, Florida and New York get the nod
- Mohammed Siraj back at No.1 in ICC Men’s ODI bowling rankings
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score and Updates, September 20: Indians in action in rowing, pentathlon; Volleyball men’s team faces South Korea
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final