An early goal by Caroline Graham Hansen gave Barcelona a 1-0 win at Chelsea in the first leg of its Women’s Champions League semifinal on Saturday.
Graham Hansen put Barcelona ahead just four minutes into the match at Stamford Bridge when the Norway forward cut in from the right and drilled a long-range shot into the top corner.
The closest Chelsea went to equalizing was a shot by Guro Reiten that was blocked by Barcelona defender Lucy Bronze on the half-hour mark.
Substitute Marta Torrejón almost grabbed a second goal for the visitors when she headed off the post in the 82nd.
The second leg is on Thursday at Camp Nou. Barcelona routed Chelsea 4-0 in the 2021 final for the Spanish club’s only European title.
The other semifinal starts on Sunday when Arsenal is at Wolfsburg.
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia