Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes has been named Premier League Player of the Month for December, the fourth time the Portuguese has won the award since signing for United last January.
Fernandes has been fundamental to United's resurgence that sees it top of the Premier League table ahead of the trip to Anfield to take on Liverpool on Sunday.
In December, Fernandes' three goals and four assists helped United win four and draw two of their six league matches in the month. The 26-year-old has 15 goals across all competitions this season for United.
"Three goals and four assists was a complete month," Fernandes said after receiving the award. "Scoring and assisting your team-mates is perfect. I want to achieve other trophies and awards but I’m really happy to make history."
His award means Fernandes has become the first player to win the award four times in a calendar year, having also done so in February, June and November 2020.
Latest on Sportstar
- Zverev makes winning return to French Open court of pain
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 1: MIA 74-90 DEN; Denver leads in last quarter- NBA Finals updates
- Stuttgart hammers 10-man Hamburg to take relegation playoff advantage
- Former skipper Hooper joins West Indies coaching team
- Emma Raducanu, 2021 US Open champion, announces split from coach