Borussia Dortmund captain Marco Reus has been ruled out of his side’s German Cup second round clash at Hannover with an ankle complaint.
The club confirmed on Tuesday that Reus, 33, did not make the trip to Hanover.
Reus returned off the bench in Dortmund’s 2-0 loss to table-topping Union Berlin on Sunday, after spending a month out with an ankle ligament injury.
Reus, who has faced several major leg injuries during his career, is expected to be fit for the World Cup in Qatar.
Dortmund sit in eighth place on the Bundesliga ladder after an injury hit season and currently have at least six first team players out injured.
Defender Mats Hummels will captain Dortmund in Reus’ absence.
Latest on Sportstar
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India ready for Malaysia challenge
- Swiatek no fan of ‘Iga’s Bakery’ memes after serving up another double bagel
- An Se Young defeats He Bingjiao in straight games, claims Thailand Open title
- WTC Final: Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- Ravi Dahiya pulls out of from Bishkek Ranking Series after injury during warmup