Borussia Dortmund captain Marco Reus has been ruled out of his side’s German Cup second round clash at Hannover with an ankle complaint.
The club confirmed on Tuesday that Reus, 33, did not make the trip to Hanover.
Reus returned off the bench in Dortmund’s 2-0 loss to table-topping Union Berlin on Sunday, after spending a month out with an ankle ligament injury.
Reus, who has faced several major leg injuries during his career, is expected to be fit for the World Cup in Qatar.
Dortmund sit in eighth place on the Bundesliga ladder after an injury hit season and currently have at least six first team players out injured.
Defender Mats Hummels will captain Dortmund in Reus’ absence.
- Premier League: Gordon strike lifts Newcastle to victory over Man United
- IND vs AUS 5th T20I Dream11 Prediction: India vs Australia predicted playing XI, preview, squads
- India vs Australia Live Streaming Info: When and where to watch IND vs AUS 5th T20I Live? All you need to know
- ITF Kalaburagi Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan to face Pichler in final
- National Boxing Championships 2023: Amit Panghal, Shiva Thapa clinch gold as SSCB defends its title