Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt has insisted the Bundesliga side have not received any offers for Leroy Sane, amid persistent links to Manchester City and Liverpool. The 19-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in recent weeks, despite Schalke's insistence that Sane is not for sale at any price.
A number of reports suggest City are preparing an offer in excess of €40million, but Heldt has made it clear there are no developments at this stage. "There are no offers for Sane at the moment," Heldt was quoted as saying by Kicker.
"It would be wrong not to take any potential developments into account and we are more than experienced enough to realise that. But we have also learned that you should not focus on things too much until something becomes serious. That is not the case as things stand."
Sane has a contract with Schalke until June 2019.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023 HIGHLIGHTS: Djokovic beats Alcaraz, Ruud defeats Zverev to set up title clash
- French Open 2023: Ruud faces Djokovic for title after semifinal win over Zverev
- WTC Final 2023, IND vs AUS: Shardul optimistic about India’s chances; Starc lauds Rahane knock
- Chicharito set for right knee surgery says MLS Galaxy
- Inter’s Martinez living the dream as he seeks Champions League and World Cup double