David Wagner has named Alexander Nubel as Schalke's new captain as the goalkeeper continues to follow in Manuel Neuer's footsteps.
Nubel made 18 Bundesliga starts last season and enters the new campaign as the undisputed number one following Ralf Fahrmann's move to Norwich City on a season-long loan.
The 22-year-old will also don the armband, which Neuer did for Schalke before moving to Bayern Munich eight years ago.
Comparisons have been drawn between the pair and Bayern are said to have a high opinion of Germany Under-21 international Nubel.
Head coach Wagner also confirmed defender Benjamin Stambouli and midfielder Omar Mascarell as joint vice-captains. "I'm very excited that these three will lead our team during the new season," the former Huddersfield Town boss said.
Latest on Sportstar
- Thailand Open: George, Lakshya reach quarterfinals; Satwik-Chirag, Saina knocked out
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals?
- Premier Handball League: Rajasthan Patriots to lock horns against Maharashtra Ironmen in opening match
- Man United great Neville in fear of Man City ahead of FA Cup final
- Prannoy is a workaholic, and has a never-say-die attitude towards his game, says coach Guru Sai Dutt