Borussia Dortmund would be open to selling Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the event of a world-record transfer bid, according to sporting director Hans-Joachim Watzke.
The Gabon international has made no secret of his desire to play for Real Madrid in future and has been linked with a sensational move at the end of the season. Reports in Spain in the past week have suggested that Zinedine Zidane's side is readying an offer which could rival the record €100million fee that it paid Tottenham to sign Gareth Bale in 2013.
And Watzke admits that such an amount would force Dortmund to consider parting with the striker, who has scored 35 goals in all competitions this season. "If at some point we get an offer of €100million or €120m for Aubameyang, then we'll talk," he told Kicker.
Aubameyang, who signed a new five-year contract at Signal Iduna Park last July, suggested recently that he is in no rush to force an exit from the Bundesliga.
"I've never hidden that I'd like to play for Real Madrid one day, but I extended my contract with Dortmund until 2020 for a reason," he told Kicker. "I feel very good here."
- India vs Sri Lanka Cricket Final Live Score, Asian Games 2023: De Silva, Ranasinghe keep Sri Lanka’s hopes alive
- Asian Games 2023, September 25 LIVE updates: Sri Lanka attempts comeback in 117-run chase vs India in women’s cricket final; Indian team clinches record-breaking gold in 10m air rifle
- Sri Lanka’s Sachithra Senanayake granted bail over match-fixing allegations
- Pochettino says Chelsea must ‘grow up like a team’
- Shooting, Asian Games 2023 HIGHLIGHTS: India wins gold in men’s 10m air rifle team; Aishwary gets bronze - Hangzhou 2022 updates