Fresh from surprising Borussia Dortmund 2-1 on Saturday, Darmstadt is courting celebrity backing in its fight against Bundesliga relegation, inviting Barack Obama to watch a match.
According to Hessischer Rundfunk, Darmstadt is - somewhat unusually - the only European football team the former United States President follows on Twitter.
And that has prompted the Lilies to try to encourage the 55-year-old, who vacated the White House last month, to make the journey across the Atlantic.
"Barack Obama, we've heard you follow us as the only European soccer club on Twitter," German-born US international Terrence Boyd said in a video posted via the social media platform.
"It's a huge honour for us at Darmstadt 98. Now you've got a little bit more time for yourself we'd like to invite you to a game of the Lilien at the Bollenfalltor.
"We've got a fitting jersey for you as well, so see you at the Bolle."
Despite that shock win over Dortmund, Darmstadt needs all the help it can get as it seeks to avoid the drop. Coached by former Germany international Torsten Frings, the team is bottom of the table, seven points off the safety of 15th place.
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, September 26: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 26 - LIVE - Neha Thakur wins silver, Eabad Ali, Vishnu Saravanan bag bronze in sailing; India 6th with 2 golds, 13 medals
- FACT CHECK: Did Jyothi Yarraji win gold for India at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou
- Jessica Hawkins becomes first woman in five years to test an F1 car
- Asian Games 2023, LIVE Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Sailor Neha Thakur wins silver; Eabad Ali, Vishnu Saravanan bag bronze; boxer Sachin reaches round of 16