Neven Subotic has returned to Borussia Dortmund team training for the first time since undergoing surgery in July.
The 27-year-old missed the end of last season due to a rib injury and saw a potential transfer to Middlesbrough fall through after it was confirmed he would need an operation to correct the problem.
Dortmund welcomed the Serbia international back for a full session on Wednesday, as head coach Thomas Tuchel oversaw a session involving those players who have not been called up for international duty.
Subotic could now be available for the matchday squad for the clash with Bundesliga champion Bayern Munich on November 19. His return comes as a timely boost for Tuchel, who saw his side beset by injury problems prior to the international break.
Dortmund's defence has been hit particularly hard, with captain Marcel Schmelzer (abductor), Sokratis Papastathopoulos (leg), Lukasz Piszczek (knee), Raphael Guerreiro (thigh) and Erik Durm (knee) all struggling in recent weeks.
Latest on Sportstar
- Nuggets vs Heat Live Score, Game 3: DEN 93-77 MIA; Denver extends lead in final quarter - NBA Finals updates
- When can Messi play his first match for Inter Miami?
- NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs Denver Nuggets, Game 2 Box Score
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 3?
- French Open 2023: Haddad Maia upsets Jabeur, reaches semifinals