Spain striker Iago Aspas said on Thursday that former coach Luis Enrique had “no plan B” which led to them being knocked out of last year’s World Cup last 16.
Enrique was sacked after Spain lost on penalties to Morocco in December.
“Luis Enrique had a very clear game plan, when plan A didn’t work, there was no plan B or others for the players to try and change things,” Celta Vigo’s Aspas told reporters.
“I was impatiently waiting for Spain to score,” the 35-year-old added.
La Rioja, under new boss Luis de la Fuente, starts their Euro 2024 qualifying campaign on Saturday by hosting Norway.
They also face Scotland, Georgia and Cyprus in the group.
Latest on Sportstar
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Heena Mallick, Bharatpreet Singh win gold; Antima Pal bags bronze in 5,000m event
- WTC Final 2023, India vs Australia: All You Need To Know, Playing Conditions, squad, live streaming info
- Karim Benzema to leave Real Madrid, to play last match against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday
- Man United in limbo as uncertainty over sale of club affects Ten Hag’s planning
- Jakarta International ePrix: Maserati’s Gunther wins race from Pole