Chelsea has reached an agreement to sign exciting Ecuador Under-20 international Kendry Paez from Independiente del Valle, the Premier League club said on Monday.
The 16-year-old, who is considered among the brightest talents in South America and has made five appearances for leaders Independiente del Valle in Ecuador’s top-flight this season, will join Chelsea after he turns 18 in May 2025.
Midfielder Paez was a key player for Ecuador at this year’s Under-17 Copa America, scoring two goals as it finished runner-up to Brazil.
The teenager is Chelsea’s first signing of the close season as it looks to rebuild under new manager Mauricio Pochettino after finishing in 12th place - its worst finish since 1994.
- Indian sports news wrap, September 16
- Al Raed vs Al Nassr LIVE Score: ALR 0-0 NAS, Early chance for Cristiano Ronaldo, Saudi Pro League updates
- Axar Patel to Naseem Shah - Full list of injured players ahead of ODI World Cup 2023
- Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez out of qualifying at Singapore Grand Prix
- Medical panel will decide on Naseem Shah’s return to cricket: Pakistan Board