Cologne's relegation from the Bundesliga was confirmed on Saturday as Fortuna Dusseldorf returned to Germany's top division in dramatic fashion.
Rouwen Hennings scored a 90th-minute winner in a 2-1 victory at Dynamo Dresden that means Fortuna are back in the Bundesliga for the first time since 2013.
Cologne's stay in the Bundesliga is over, though, with a 3-2 defeat at Freiburg ensuring they can no longer climb out of the relegation zone.
A Nils Petersen double left Cologne 2-0 down, although Timo Horn saved a penalty for his side with the score at 1-0 and Leonardo Bittencourt dramatically gave the visitors hope with goals in the 82nd and 87th minutes.
However, when substitute Lucas Holer struck in stoppage time, Cologne - who needed to win to have any chance of avoiding relegation - were beaten and will drop down from the Bundesliga as a result.
Hamburg boosted their survival hopes with a 3-1 win at Wolfsburg, goals from Bobby Wood, Lewis Holtby and Luca Waldschmidt moving Christian Titz's side within two points of safety.
Latest on Sportstar
- India vs Mongolia LIVE; Intercontinental Cup: Streaming info; When, where to watch; Kick-off at 7:30 PM
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 3: India 282/8 (67 overs); Cummins gets Umesh, Rahane; India avoids follow-on
- WTC Final: India avoids follow-on against Australia by crossing 270-run mark
- Djokovic vs Alcaraz Live Score, French Open 2023: Generational battle in Roland-Garros semifinals
- India vs Mongolia, Intercontinental Cup LIVE streaming info: When and where to watch?