Arsenal has re-signed Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos for a second season-long loan from Real Madrid after a successful first spell last term, the Premier League club announced on Friday.
Ceballos made 37 appearances for the north London club last season, sealing his place as a key midfielder in the starting lineup in the second half of the campaign following the appointment of Mikel Arteta as coach.
The 24-year-old Spain international also played a key role in the club's FA Cup title run, scoring a late winner in the quarterfinal victory at Sheffield United.
“Dani was an integral part of our team last season and finished the season in excellent form,” Arteta said in a statement.
“I love Dani's passion and commitment and he's a highly skillful player. We're all delighted to welcome him back and we look forward to seeing him pick up where he left off,” he added.
The news follows Arsenal's capture of Chelsea winger Willian on a free transfer and Lille centre back Gabriel Magalhaes earlier this week.
Arsenal, which finished eighth last season, started its campaign with a penalty shootout victory over Liverpool in the Community Shield and begins its league campaign at newly-promoted Fulham on September 12.
- Mercedes and F1 angered by FIA compliance probe
- No limit to Italy’s ambitions at Euro 2024, says Spalletti
- Manu Kone’s 120th-minute header sends Gladbach past Wolfsburg into German Cup quarterfinals
- Inter hit by double injury blow to De Vrij and Dumfries
- England’s Olympic dreams over despite 6-0 rout of Scotland