Borussia Dortmund has been drawn against Borussia Monchengladbach in the second round of the DFB-Pokal, while holders Bayern Munich will travel to second-tier side Bochum.
Dortmund saw off lower-league opposition Uerdingen in the first round but have a far tougher test to come against Gladbach in one of two all-Bundesliga ties.
Bayern continues the defence of its crown with a trip to Bochum, which it beat en route to winning the competition in 2015-16.
Elsewhere, last season's beaten finalists RB Leipzig will take on top-flight rivals Wolfsburg for a place in round three.
The two remaining semi-professional sides in the competition, FC Saarbrucken and Verl, were paired with Koln and Holstein Kiel respectively in Sunday's draw.
The games will be played on October 29 and 30.
Draw in full:
Kaiserslautern v Nurnberg
Verl v Holstein Kiel
MSV Duisburg v TSG Hoffenheim
Saarbrucken v Koln
Darmstadt 98 v Karlsruher SC
Bayer Leverkusen v Paderborn
Freiburg v Union Berlin
Fortuna Dusseldorf v Erzgebirge Aue
Bochum v Bayern Munich
Arminia Bielefeld v Schalke 04
Borussia Dortmund v Borussia Mönchengladbach
Hertha Berlin v Dynamo Dresden
Wolfsburg v RB Leipzig
Werder Bremen v Heidenheim
Hamburger SV v Stuttgart
St. Pauli v Eintracht Frankfurt
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 242/3; Siraj removes Smith on 74
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika in Mixed Doubles R-32 action now
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals