Meghalaya’s capital Shillong and Assam’s Kokrajhar will be the new venues for the 132nd Durand Cup football tournament, to be held from August 3 to September 3.
On the occasion of the announcement of the new host cities on Wednesday, Lt. Gen. R.P. Kalita, General Officer Commanding in Chief, Eastern Command, of Indian Army said, “We are extremely happy that we are taking the legend of Durand this year to Shillong. Kokrajhar has also been added as a new host city and this will help grow the sport in Assam.”
The upcoming edition will see the participation of Shillong Lajong FC. Matches will also be played in Kolkata and Guwahati.
Bengaluru FC emerged as champion in the previous edition of the tournament. Sunil Chhetri’s men clinched the coveted trophy after securing a narrow 2-1 win against Mumbai City FC, courtesy of goals from N.Sivasakthi and Alan Costa.
- Peru vs Brazil LIVE score, FIFA World Cup qualifiers: Match stays goalless; PER 0-0 BRA; Streaming info
- EURO 2024 Qualifiers: Italy beats Ukraine; Belgium thrashes Estonia
- Peru vs Brazil LIVE streaming info: When and where to watch World Cup qualifiers match?
- Watch: India qualifies for Asia Cup 2023 final, ends Sri Lanka’s 13-match winning streak
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifier: Argentina, sans Messi, bags comfortable win against 10-man Bolivia